Daily vacuuming of your booth carpet can cost as much as $1,000 for the duration of the show. Be sure to check with the general contractor of your next show and see if exhibitors are allowed to vacuum their own carpet. In certain states with heavy union restrictions the answer will be no; however, if your next show is in a “right to work state” you may have options. Right to work states include, but are not limited to Florida, Virginia, North & South Carolina, Texas, Arizona, Nevada, and others. The map above shows the right to work states in red and non-right to work states in blue. Shows in right to work states will generally allow exhibitors to vacuum their own carpet. Exhibitors may also be able to have their exhibitor appointed contractors (EAC) do it for a fraction of the cost typically charged by the general contractor. Saving several hundred dollars on vacuuming may not seem like much compared to your overall budget – but in today’s economic climate we believe that every little bit helps. The savings could go towards an updated graphic or nicer giveaways that your budget previously would not allow. Knowing the rules and digging a little deeper before ordering show services can yield many cost saving opportunities. Here at Studio Displays, Your exhibit is our commitment.
Recently Posted Articles
- Trade Show Trends - EXHIBITOR magazine #tradeshows #b2b exhibitoronline.com/topics/article… 10 hours ago
- RT @Nimlok: NEW blog: 3 Ways to Use Augmented Reality at #Tradeshows ow.ly/ld00E 10 hours ago
- Happy Friday from all of us here at Studio! 6 days ago
- studioshowtimeblog.com lnkd.in/XBFv8z 1 week ago
- Be sure to stop by and visit our friends from AFL if you are at the #UTC Expo in Houston! Booth#: 230! lnkd.in/DQp5eB 1 week ago